Friday, January 18, 2008

Appointment at TCMC

Yesterday, Chris and I took Grace for her first appointment at TCMC's International Adoption Clinic. We were there 2 1/2 hours. Grace did very well until the end of the appointment...three shots and LOTS of blood drawn. The doctor talked to us for a while, examined her and then the nurse came in. Grace watched her intently as she put on a pr. of blue non-latex gloves. I held her while the nurse gave her 3 shots. SCREAM!!! We got her calmed down then we went to the lab. After a small wait we were called into the office. The lab tech seemed surprised at how small she was and discussed the amount af blood that thay needed for the labs was more than Grace could give because of her small weight. We decided to do some of the blood work during next months' appointment. Grace was OK until the "blue gloves" came out. I felt so bad!!!
She weighed 16.3 lbs. and was 28in. long. We don't know what her true weight was in China. We think about 14-15 lbs. We know she's gained weight. She went from bottles with rice formula 3 times a day to eating everything we put in front of her! We have found two things she doesn't like; broccoli and peaches. It goes in and then comes out like a machine gun.
Today was a rough day. I don't know if she's mad at me or if she's feeling bad today from the shots. She didn't sleep last night so we put her in bed with us. She was very restless. I couldn't get her to take a nap today. She screamed every time I walked out. I tried rocking her...didn't work. She would hit me in the face. Chris is home now with her. She pushed me away as soon as he walked in the door. It's OK, I need a break. Hopefully tonight will be a better night.

No comments: