Sunday, November 11, 2007

Birthdays, Gifts for China, and Musical


Tori's "Sweet Sixteen" birthday party was celebrated on November 3rd with a Masquerade Ball. She had about 70 of her closest friends attend. They all looked so handsome dressed up! I know they were all tired the next morning...They never sat down! I don't remember having such energy. She and all her friends danced nonstop from 7:30-11:00PM.
Turner's 14th birthday was on the 8th. We went to his favorite restaurant "America's". His favorite present was "Guitar Hero III". He's very good at the game and enjoys humiliating his Mother.
Tori performed in her high school musical this weekend. The kids did such a wonderful job that it was hard to believe that these performers were high school age! We are very proud of her.
Chris and I have gotten a lot done so far for our China trip. Last week we applied and received our Visa. I visited our family physician for our medical travel kit. (I felt like a walking pharmacy when I left with 10 prescriptions!) Hopefully we now have every illness covered while in China! Saturday we shopped for gifts to take for the care givers and others that will help us while in China. It is important to buy gifts to take that are NOT made in China. I didn't realize how hard that would be. We found some lotions from the Bath and Body Shop. We plan to get some Texas pecan chews to take for the gentlemen.
We are now working on our Packing list...Two pages of stuff to fit into 1-44lb bag and 1 carry-on each!
I feel like a Mom who tried and tried for two years to get pregnant. Then all of a sudden I'm pregnant and have two weeks before delivery! It's exciting and stressful at the same time!

No comments: